Under 15’s v Darlington

Print This Post Print This Post

This post was published 8 years 5 months 11 days ago.

It has been left on the site for ARCHIVE purposes only and is not actively maintained.

For team and score information please follow this link

4th October 2009.

Perfect conditions for rugby, saw a much changed under 15 side play our visitors from Darlington.  Darlington started with an attack down the left,requiring stout defending by the home side. From a scrum in the centre of the field, Carlisle forced their way down the left and then switched across to the right with good interplay between the two centres, Tom Fuller and Wilson Noctor.

With the ball cycled back across to the left, Harry Manton forced his way into the centre and from the resulting ruck, the ball was quickly moved across the back line for Jack Walker to score in the left corner. Darlington however quickly forced their way back into the game and with some good passages of play scored two tries despite some fierce tackling from the Carlisle side, ending the half at 14-5 up.Unfortunately for the second game in a row, we had to call upon the ambulance service, this time for a neck injury to prop Alex Murray, which fortunately proved not to be serious.
Darlington started the second half as they finished the first and after some pressure down the right, scored their third try in the right corner.

Carlisle were not to be outdone and a piercing run by Wilson Noctor down the left, saw him offload in the tackle to Tom Fuller to score our second. With the two centres working well, and some good driving runs from forwards Joel Davidson and Chris Marsh, it was not long before Carlisle scored their third try courtesy of fly half Ben Shadwick. Darlington forced play down the left and in spite of some crunching tackles from James Bulman and a couple of try saving tackles from fullback Jack Walker, Darlington scored their fourth try in the left corner. Shortly after the restart, the visitors conceded a penalty around half way on the right.

Captain Dean Kirsopp then cleverly confused everyone, players and spectators alike, with a spinning tap penalty, and a dummy run from Lewis Fuller created a gap in the visitors defence for Dean to force his way through for a solo try and Carlisle’s fourth. Unfortunately despite some further chances which didn’t quite go to hand, Carlisle were unable to convert some good play into further tries and the visitors ended the winners. Thanks go to the referee Gareth Wylie for keeping the game flowing, our under 14 players for bolstering the numbers on the day, and to our visitors Darlington for contributing to an entertaining game to watch.